I love eggs for breakfast – period! When I started quantitative nutrition, the best thing I loved is that I could eat eggs everyday to cover my protein and fat requirements. Yaay! 😀 So when I do a post for the Blogging Marathon #93 under the theme “Easy Breakfast”, what is easier than having an egg meal? I have already posted a couple of my favorite omelette recipes here and here, but this one takes the cake!
I love capsicum and try to include it into most of the meals I can. I keep a small bowl of chopped capsicum so that it becomes easy in the rush to just sprinkle them on while making the omelette. A bottle of sliced green olives is also a part of my pantry, since the whole family can finish a bottle in one sitting. Combining both these vegetables into this delicious breakfast makes the omelette a full on meal. The sweetness of the bell peppers and the tanginess of the olives play perfect fodder to each other. So if you wish to try a new combination for your omelette, then don’t hesitate to try this one! Off to the recipe…
Capsicum Olive Omelette
- 3 large eggs
- 25 gm mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp chopped capsicum I used orange and yellow
- 2 tbsp sliced green olves
- A sprinkling of red chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
- 5 gm butter
- Whisk the eggs and cheese along with salt till nicely done.
- Melt the butter in a fry pan. Pour the egg cheese mixture and spread.
- Sprinkle the capsicum, olives and chilli flakes over the omelette.
- Allow it to cook and fluff up on low flame. Slowly flip and cook the other side for a couple of minutes.
- Serve hot along with bread or as is.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page to see what the other Blogging Marathoners are doing this BM#93.