I always feel it isn’t necessary to make something fresh for breakfast like the Muhalla or the Capsicum Olive Omelette, for the Blogging Marathon #93 theme I chose for this week, “Easy Breakfast”. I am somebody who loves to bake something and keep ready for breakfast at times, be it on weekdays or even better, for weekends. This Wholemeal Banana Bread perfectly fits the bill for a delicious and healthy breakfast without much effort in the morning!
This recipe appeared on the King Arthur site as the recipe for 2018. I love their website and refer it to a lot of times for perfect recipes. So I was sure that this bread would be a winner too. I hardly made changes to the recipe – used wholemeal flour for baking it, reduced the sugar a tad bit and used a mix of oil and butter, since I feel it makes the moisteness of the bread even better. It is a one-bowl recipe and just needs a whisk and a spatula as equipment, so what more! It comes together so easily and gets ready while you settle down the home to call it a day. If you love banana bread, give it a try. You will thank yourself for that extra half an hour of sleep in the morning! 😉
Wholemeal Banana Bread
- 2 cups mashed banana 4 large bananas
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and flour a large loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk together the banana, oil, butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla till well combined.
- Add all the dry ingredients one over the other into it. Fold in well using a spatula till the whole mixture is moist.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 60 to 70 minutest till skewer inserted comes out clean. If the top is darkening fast, cover it with aluminium foil to avoid burning.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, before flipping onto a cooling rack. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page to see what the other Blogging Marathoners are doing this BM#93.