I was wondering if I should go on with the Bake-a-thon 2017 without a chocolate cake recipe and my mind said, NO! 😀
I had initially chosen to feature the Orange Almond Brownies while I was deciding which posts I should put in. Then my eyes fell on this one. One of the cakes that I made to gift my fellow bloggers while I went to see them and I totally enjoyed clicking them too. The time I clicked, I had left behind only one slice at home which disappeared from the counter top upon return! You can imagine the disappointment on the girls’ face once we returned back home. We finally traced the culprit, it was none other than B! 😀 So to cover up the disappointment, I had to make this cake one more time.
So why was the cake delayed? I was waiting for a special opportunity to post this, but somehow some or the other recipe would take the credit and go off, and this beautiful cake had to sit waiting for it’s chance. Finally I had to decide it was now or never. 😀 The cake comes through really easily. The only time taking process is the melting of the butter, but you can very well replace it with 1/2 cup of oil and just go ahead with the recipe! I saw this recipe on a Nestle Fat Free Condensed Milk can, and since it was a chocolate cake, I had to make it and record it too.
Somehow I am never satisfied with chocolate cakes – I have to keep trying. So far from which all I have made, this one is my second favorite chocolate cake after this steamed chocolate cake. For an eggless cake, this is really moist and melt in the mouth that you would love to have a second serving! Do not miss the icing – I feel it only enhances the cake, though you can very well have it without it too! Off to the recipe…
Eggless Chocolate Cake ~ Condensed Milk Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Icing
- 1 tin 395 to 400 ml condensed milk (normal or fat free)
- 100 gm butter melted
- 150 ml water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 gm flour
- 50 gm cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder optional
- FOR ICING:
- 25 gm butter softened
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp boiling water
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Keep a 24 cm springfoam pan ready, by greasing it well and lining the bottom with parchment paper.
- Combine the condensed milk, butter, water and vanilla till well whisked.
- Sift the dry ingredients over it and fold in till the mixture is moist. Do not over-mix.
- Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes till a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then slowly move the cake from the tin to a wire rack and cool completely.
- To prepare the icing, mix the butter, cocoa powder and icing sugar and add water one tablespoon at a time till you get a thick consistency. I used 2 tbsp of water.
- Spread over cooled cake and allow it to set. Slice and serve.
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2017…