Not being in a mood to type in anything, always quotes come to my rescue… A beautiful one that I saw recently and I feel each word is so true… Something that I have to learn as fast as I can… though I am much relaxed than I used to be before, still…
The weather is such here that every other day it is easy to get under the weather. With the fluctuating temperatures, peekaboo of winters and some terrible winds at times, anybody could suddenly land up with a nasty flu or an irritating running nose. I keep drinking anything hot to keep myself from feeling lack lustre. Even though I have always liked my normal cup of chai, of late, I have fallen in love adding ginger to tea. The feeling that ginger gives as the tea flows from down the throat is so good enough to make you feel relaxed. A cup of hot ginger chai and a good book is all you need for a nice relaxed evening…
If you are in an even better mood, then try out my Masala Chai! 🙂
Ginger Tea ~ Adraki Chai
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp tea powder
- 1 inch pc ginger peeled and grated or 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Combine the milk, water, tea powder, ginger and cardamom powder in a saucepan.
- Bring to cook on medium flame till the liquid comes to a rolling boil. Take care not to spill out.
- If the tea has reached your desired strength, switch off immediately or boil for a couple of minutes on low flame till the desired strength is reached.
- Switch off and stir in the sugar.
- Strain into mugs and enjoy!