I just came online not for posting anything, but then just saw that my page has passed 100 hits!!! Wow!!! Alhamdulillah, that makes me feel really happy. Thank you all who have been visiting and dropping in comments, it is certainly encouraging for me as a new blogger. Today the climate is awesome in Dubai, with some nice drizzle, but then I am stuck at home, thanks to my little one’s bout of flu. Another thing about today is that I have completed my certification course related to my profession, that I have been longing for, for quite some time and I am kind of sure that I will come out in flying colors.
Seriously, I am yet to master a simple ganache. The whole process makes my knees beat. Maybe, slowly, I will gain some confidence to do it – hopefully soon!
Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake
- 150 gm butter
- 200 ml evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Combine the butter, evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla essence in a saucepan.
- Cook on low flame till the butter is melted and sugar is well combined. Keep aside to cool.
- Add the lightly beaten egg into the slightly cooled mixture and whisk till well combined.
- Sift all the dry ingredients and add it to the egg mixture and whisk well till combined. The batter will neither be thick nor watery.
- Heat your steamer for around 10 minutes.
- Grease and dust your 8 inch cake pan well. Pour the cake batter into the pan and lower it down to your steamer.
- Close the lid and cook on meduim-low flame for 30-40 minutes or till a cake tester/ toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave it to cool for sometime in the pan, and then flip onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Slice and serve or have it with ganache.