|I love Instagram… 🙂|
My umma was telling her, “You should not make fun of your ummi, then you also will become like that!” OK now, did umma mean that I literally look like an elephant??? There you go, two sharp arrows on to my heart. On top of that, my little blabber mouth learned those exact words from her thatha and was chattering it whenever she was following me. So now, thanks to these three ladies, I have started walking for 45 minutes, nice and brisk, every night after coming back from office. My little one yesterday asked me, “Ummi opichilekku odaan pova??” (Is ummi going to office to run?). Yeah, she meant the walkway… 🙂
There is a beautiful corniche now next to my place, just opened to the public a couple of weeks ago. A lot of people are taking advantage of the breeze, the creek and the government buildings on the other side with a lot of boats and dhows lining the creek-side and taking their walks. My legs are paining but then I feel relaxed. The first day I went for the walk, I updated my status on FaceBook (ahem!!!). My HD got irritated and asked me, “Why do you want the whole world to know?” I did that so that I know I have informed the world and I will stick to my walks to avoid any embarrassment. Hehe…
I guess I should stop blabbering and just go straight to this beautiful pulao, that will really trigger your tastebuds. I was surprised how such simple ingredients could cause such beautiful flavor… Recipe from here
Afghani Chicken Pulao
- 1 kg chicken cut into meduim peices
- 3-1/2 cups rice
- 2 large onions thinly sliced
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 cardamoms
- 1 pc cinnamon
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1.25 litre water
- 2 carrots diced
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan. Fry the onions till golden brown color.
- Add the whole spices and ginger garlic paste and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken, chilli powder and salt and fry for around 10 minutes.
- Add the water and cook till chicken becomes tender.
- Add the rice into this now and cook till rice is half done.
- Now add the carrots and raisins. Cover and cook on slow flame till the rice is completely cooked.
- Serve hot with raita, pappad and pickle!!! A complete yummy meal in itself!!! 🙂