Egg Chaat – an Indian style egg salad, totally apt as a low calorie snack or an appetiser…
I have been literally having a crazy week. A lot going on through my head plus the kids and I travelling this weekend, so it makes it even more stressful. Even though I have been shopping and getting things to make sure we are done, I am still feeling as though there is a lot left to be done. I don’t want to make myself feel burdened, but unfortunately that is exactly the way I am feeling – overwhelmed… But I feel that way each time I go on vacation and I usually turn out fine, so hoping it will be that way this time too… Hehe…
The above can be the exact reason why I have chosen an easy recipe to post today. I came across the idea for this recipe from an Instagram page called “sheenafit“. She is a body coach and she shares healthy macro balanced meal ideas as well as all teh other tips for weight loss and management. I have always been struggling to have vegetables in the morning and this salad with some very typical Indian chaat flavors were just apt for it. Since they are no nasty ingredients used in this salad, it is something that you can eat every single day if you want! During the time the eggs get boiled and cooled, I chop all the ingredients and keep. I whisk the yogurt along with the rest of the flavoring ingredients. Once the eggs are peeled and chopped, I just dump everything into the serving bowl and toss up to coat and then immediately dig in! It is that easy… This egg chaat has become another loved way of having my eggs, apart from umma style scrambled eggs, the Cilbir or the cheesy omelette.
Egg Chaat | Indian Style Egg Salad
- 4 eggs
- 1 cucumber large, diced
- 1 onion small, minced
- 1 tomato small, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp mint leaves chopped
- 1 tbps green chutney
- 1 tsp tamarind chutney
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/4 cup thick yogurt
- Black salt to taste
- Crushed black pepper to taste
- Chaat masala powder to taste
- Boil the eggs till done. Cool, peel and chop into dices. Add into a large bowl.
- Add the chopped cucumber, tomato, onion, coriander and mint leaves. Give it a good toss.
- Whisk the yogurt with the black salt and pepper and add into the mixture.
- Add the red chilli and give a good toss. Add the chutneys and mix.
- Adjust seasoning, sprinkle chaat masala as required and dig in.
Updated on November 7, 2021: Did a short video for this recipe…