Actually speaking, my head is buzzing with ideas… Last time, when I put up the coming soon part as “Surprise!”, Divya, who blogs at Dishing, asked me if it were a giveaway. 🙂 I’ve never got any giveaways so far, mainly because I can’t keep a track of what all I should be participating. I blog for the fun of posting what I am trying and becoming successful, as well as the level of interaction with people with similar mindsets – read it as love for food!!! 🙂 Divya, please do not worry. I am planning something, but I don’t know what it should be. Being in a market where you can get anything, I am thinking about some accessory but couriering it is costly! Let’s see how my mind figures it out.
Meanwhile, how many of us can agree to this? I first thought it was bizarre, but coming to deeply think about it, it’s kind of true!!! More than the inspiration and the actual work, the big gaps that take away our time is actually whatever is mentioned in the pie!!! Maybe the person who came up with this is also sailing in the same boat! 🙂
Today’s recipe is very straightforward. I saw it in one of the videos from a well known Pakistani channel and I knew I should try it. I love vermicelli and I love custard, so was curious to know how the flavors would meddle. And it did taste good. It’s more of a pudding than a kheer/ payasam, nice and thick. I will for sure make this again!
Updated with new pictures on March 20, 2016… 🙂
Linking this to the event by Aathidhyam…
- 200 gm vermicelli preferably the Pakistani variety, crushed
- 1 litre milk
- 4 tbsp custard
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ghee
- 4-5 cashew nuts
- 5-6 raisins
- Mix the custard powder into 3/4 cup of milk into a paste.
- Place the rest of the milk and bring it to a boil. Add the custard paste and sugar and mix till the mixture thickens. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan. Roast the crushed vermicelli on low heat for 5-6 minutes, till it turns light brown. Ensure that you do not burn it.
- Add the roasted vermicelli into the prepared custard and now cook for upto 5 minutes till the vermicelli is cooked.
- Keep mixing and ensuring that the vermicelli does not form lumps.
- Heat the ghee, fry the cashewnuts and raisins and add it to the custard sewiyan. Serve topped with praline.