I had a little startle as I looked at the calendar today. We have exactly two months to go in this year. How fast does time fly! I don’t want to judge this year now itself since we have the remaining days to see how things fare up. Just hoping that they get better, or at least stay stagnant, InShaAllah…
I always believe that meals need to be quick yet filling and comforting. However, the idea of comforting is not likely the same for all of us in the family, isn’t it? 😀 What I find delicious is totally rejected by the girls. As they grow up into their own little individuals, it is a constant fight for me to see what they like and what they don’t. Unfortunately the latter is more than the former, thereby limiting my options as to what to cook for the girls. But when it comes to me, I try to put together meals that are filling yet quick to make. This paneer burji is a personal favorite that becomes my dinner on most of the days. Paneer is a good source of protein and fats for vegetarians and if made well, can be a delicious dish. My burji recipe is quite simple to make with not too much work involved. What more, isn’t it an anytime meal? Breakfast, lunch or dinner… you can still have it. I love to eat it with a couple of slices of brown bread, just like how I like to eat my scrambled eggs… Off to this simple recipe…
Easy Paneer Burji - Scrambled Cottage Cheese
- 100 gm paneer cubes
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 small tomato minced
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp kasuri methi crushed
- A dash of chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Soak the paneer in hot water till thawed. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a saucepan. Splutter the cumin seeds.
- Ad the onion and tomato along with a pinch of salt and saute till wilted.
- Add in the turmeric, red chilli and garam masala powders and fry for a minute.
- Add the crumbled paneer and toss well to cook. Cook on simmer for five minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and give a good toss.
- Serve hot with chapathi or bread.