I have already posted a wholewheat brownie before, so this is not my first attempt. However, while that used butter as the fat, this one uses olive oil which is considered to be much more healthier. I wouldn’t call it the best brownie, but guilt free, it is! It calms down your brownie madness and calms down the guilt pangs as well… 🙂 Two reasons why I would make this again and again… Recipe adapted from here
Wholewheat Olive Oil Brownies
- 1/2 cup olive oil I used extra virgin
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup wholewheat flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder optional but recommended!
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a brownie pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk the olive oil and sugar till dissolved.
- Add in the vanilla extract and egg and whisk till done.
- Combine all the dry ingredients from flour to salt in another bowl and whisk till well combined.
- Add this to the wet ingredients and mix till combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 20 minutes till top is set. Cool completely in pan before slicing and serving!