I just have to pinch myself to believe that we are almost at the mid of this month. Days are literally flying in the real sense! The girls are travelling home by this month end, and I have so many things to finish before they can fly out. I really don’t know when I am going to find the time for all of it. 🙁 But InShaAllah, as always has been the case, somehow matters just work out in time, so hoping for the same too…
Usually the month of June gets hot, and as expected, it is getting horribly humid. Cooking and baking is the last thing you want to do. The heat is energy sapping now itself, so wondering how the coming months are going to be. I can’t wait to go home in August, literally running away from here… 🙂
I never realized that Rasha loved cinnamon rolls till I made them for the first time on the request of my cousin a couple of years before for Eid and she ate up a lot of the rolls as soon as they were served for breakfast. I was actually shocked at not knowing her likes. I know her dislike for banana bakes, but was wondering where she got hooked onto cinnamon rolls, something that I am not very keen on! After that, it took me time to make the normal version for the blog, though I did bake the coffee flavored ones and the chocolate ones, and majority of it was wiped up by her. Even during this Eid, she asked me for cinnamon rolls, but the day was really hectic, plus the kitchen is getting really hot, that there is no mood to stay cooking in the kitchen.
But now that I am posting the recipe that I like to make, just because it is apt for our little family – 3/4 gets eaten by Rasha itself. leaving Azza crying for more. Most of the recipes online are for a huge batch, which is usually not the case for many of us, including myself. I make a big batch only if I have visitors or I am carrying something with me to my cousins’ house. This recipe is just apt for a small family of four and can easily satisfy your cinnamon roll cravings. Having said that, I have to bake some maybe this weekend so that my elder one is happy, InShaAllah… 🙂 Off to the recipe…
Easy n Soft Cinnamon Rolls
- FOR DOUGH:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 25 gm butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour + more as needed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 beaten medium egg room temperature
- FOR FILLING:
- 25 gm butter softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- FOR DRIZZLE:
- 100 gm cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 10 gm butter
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Warm the milk and butter in the microwave till butter is melted. Allow to cool till lukewarm. Stir in sugar and yeast and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the flour and salt. Whisk together. Add in the beaten egg and pour the milk mixture. Bring the dough together.
- Add extra flour little by little till you have a slightly sticky pliable dough. I added extra 1/4 cup. Knead for 10-12 minutes. Shape the dough and keep in an oiled bowl for proofing till double for an hour.
- After an hour, punch down the dough. Flatten it into a rectangle for around 10 inch to 7 inch.
- Brush the softened butter all over. Whisk the brown sugar and cinnamon well, and sprinkle on top of the butter.
- Slowly roll tightly and fold. Cut into 8 equal pieces. Arrange in a greased small round tray, or in a fluted pan. Cover and keep for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the ingredients for the topping till smooth. Drizzle over warm buns lavishly. Serve warm and enjoy.
- If having next day, microwave the bun for 20-30 seconds and enjoy them.