At times, ideas play constantly in your head for a long period of time, but it doesn’t necessarily get materialized immediately. It always happens to me. Before I used to put into immediate action any craving or any idea I would have. But now, due to time constraints and other priorities, I often put my ideas onto the back seat. Sometimes I note it down, sometimes I simply forget. This white chocolate blondies were one that have been playing in my head since very long. I had picked up a couple of packs of cooking white chocolate that was up for a good deal. I had this pack of goji berries that Zerin had given me some time. The girls wouldn’t eat it since it had a sour after taste. I would nibble on them when I would remember that it was sitting in the fridge.
When the theme “Bring Some Brownies” was declared for the Blogging Marathon #102, I emailed Valli asking if I could include blondies as well, since I was nursing a secret desire to get this recipe on the blog before it gets too cold. When a “yes” came from her, here it is scheduled – a bake that I indulged in, since I must have eaten at least four squares of what you see is cut.
We all know that blondies are the fairer cousin of brownies. For those who love the texture of brownies, but aren’t fond of chocolate as such, blondies are the answer to it. I have baked the basic blondies and one with orange and walnuts, but my favorite was hands down the Biscoff one, which I have already made a few times, till I tried this one.
The batter used is just like how we would use for fudge brownies, but the only difference is that white chocolate is melted along with the butter instead of usual chocolate. It was a struggle trying to keep the HD and kids away from snatching bars of the chocolate in the pan! After all, one bar of the chocolate was already finished by the girls on their kitchen rounds and I had to make sure that I put this bar to use for my idea. 😀 I didn’t actually wait for it to cool completely before I could enjoy these. The girls weren’t fond of the bites of the tart berries, but I found it beautifully cut through the sweetness of the white chocolate. I am absolutely delighted about this bake… 🙂 Off to the recipe…
- 75 gm butter
- 150 gm pack cooking white chocolate (I used Dr Oetkers)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup goji berries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line an 8 inch brownie tin with parchment paper handing from all sides and grease well. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate on low flame in a saucepan or in the microwave. Allow it to cool.
- Whisk in the eggs and sugar until well combined. Add in the vanilla.
- Sift in the flour and salt. Add the goji berries and fold the batter with a spatula. Doing this will make sure that the goji berries are dusted with flour and will stay suspended in the batter.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Take out the pan and allow to cool for five minutes.
- Slowly take out the parchment and transfer to a rack. Cool completely before slicing and enjoying.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page to see what the other Blogging Marathoners are doing this BM#102.