The recipe she provide was this one, however the quantity was large and I was not able to halve it. I wanted to bake a normal brownie pan for my colleagues. After checking with her, I changed the recipe and tried and absolutely loved the result! If you are not very keen on brownies and are more of a white cake person, then this one is for you. I took half of the blondies to office and it was wiped out. My colleague who is not a sweet person like me, wanted a piece more but the men had already left an empty box behind!!! My little Azza hogged in one large piece and wanted more, though I had to restrict it for her. My B had a couple of them for breakfast. In short, they were absolutely well received. Thank you so much Shey, for including it in the challenge, or else God knows how much more I would have delayed baking this!!!
Blonde Brownies| Blondies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Grease and flour a brownie pan and keep aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Whisk butter and brown sugar till combined. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk again.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly and whisk till well combined.
- Finally fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 25 minutes or till skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Slice into 16 pieces and serve!