The recipe for today is one of my favorite side dishes of rice. I am one raw banana fan and love it in my curries. But this stir fry beats it all. Stir fries as this one tempts me to have less of rice and more of the vegetables, which is a total win-win in all sense, isn’t it? 🙂
Pachakkaaya Upperi - Raw Banana Stir Fry
- 4 medium raw bananas peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 dry red chilli
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 green chilli slit
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- Soak the cut bananas in salt water for sometime. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Splutter the mustard seeds. Fry the dry chilli and curry leaves for a minute.
- Now add the bananas along with the rest of the ingredients and mix it well.
- Add in the water and allow it to boil on high flame.
- Reduce the flame and cook on closed lid till the bananas are done. Keep stirring in between to ensure it does not stick to the pan.
- Serve warm with rice and a curry - and maybe some fish as well!!!