A recipe I tried over one of my Fridays and was so mightily pleased was this special chicken pulao recipe that I had adopted from Humi’s space. I love pressure cooker recipes that can be made quickly without much time waste, and if it tastes so good that it sounds to all that you have slogged in the kitchen, then nothing like it!!! This is one dish that I would surely make often during my lazy days… 🙂 Off to the way I made it…
- 2 1/2 cups basmati rice washed and drained
- 1 kg chicken cut into medium pieces and washed
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 bay leaf
- 3 pcs cinnamon
- 6 cloves
- 8 peppercorn
- 3 cardamom
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 medium tomatoes chopped
- 4 green chillies slit
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Heat ghee and oil in the pressure cooker. Add the whole masalas and fry till a nice aroma comes.
- Add the onion and saute till almost brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes and cook till the raw smell is gone.
- Add in the masala powders and salt and saute for a couple of hours.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are mushy.
- At this stage add in the chicken. Cook the chicken till stock starts coming out of it.
- Slit the chillies, add the coriander leaves and give it a mix.
- Now add the rice and the water, close the lid of the cooker.
- Cook on high flame for one whistle, reduce the flame and leave for around 10 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and allow the pressure to go by itself.
- Fluff up the rice before serving. Serve warm with some raita!