Time for the second week of the Blogging Marathon! For this week of edition #105, I chose the theme “Pizza and Pasta”. Valli has a monthly Kid’s Delight event happening and this is the theme for this month. My girls are very fond of pizza but they don’t share the same liking towards pasta. However, slowly and steadily with time, they are finding their interest towards pizza. However since they are my girls, I know that they would get bored of it fast, so I am not getting overly excited about the scene. 😀 So from today for the coming three days, you will see three recipes for this interesting theme…
Pizza is something my girls really love. I really don’t consider pizza as a meal. I feel that despite paying so much to buy it, it hardly fills the stomach. Please raise your hands if you agree with me. If you are a pizza fanatic, then you probably won’t… hehe… Coming to the point, if it isn’t pizza from out, then my girls need pizza at home. Since I am not very fond of pizza, I make it for the girls and the men – HD and B, and eat something else for myself. Please don’t shoo me away… 😀
While browsing through the King Arthur site – it is one of my favorites! – I came across this no-knead pizza that I couldn’t ignore. I quickly took a print out and left it hanging on my kitchen cupboard till my girls screamed for pizza. The beauty of this pizza is this you don’t need to dirty your hands, except for spreading the dough onto the pan, of course. You just mix the dough, allow it to rest and do the topping while it proofs. Then you spread the dough on the pan, load the toppings and bake till done. So easy, right?
Instead of doing the usual tomato spread, I opted for white sauce and it was a damn good pizza! If you are looking for a differently flavored pizza, then I really recommend you try with the white sauce. It will be a hit since it feels like pasta on a pizza. Hehe… I have only used chicken, olives and mozzarella to top, but feel free to add in toppings of your choice. I had a tough time trying to click the pizza. In fact, I couldn’t even take a picture of the slice since the girls were literally behind me waiting to run away with that tray! Off to the recipe…
- FOR PIZZA BASE:
- 2¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup semolina
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1¼ cup lukewarm water
- FOR WHITE SAUCE:
- 15 gm butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 100 ml cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- FOR CHICKEN:
- 350 gm boneless chicken
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- FOR TOPPING:
- ½ cup sliced green olives
- 200 gm grated mozzarella cheese
- For making the pizza dough, whisk together all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the olive oil and water and bring the dough together using a spatula. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Grease a 13x9 inch pan well with olive oil. Transfer the dough onto the pan, spread it equally on the pan and allow it to rest for another 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan. Fry the flour for a minute, add the remaining ingredients and cook till thickened. Allow it to cool completely.
- For cooking the chicken, heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add all the chicken and all the spice powders and toss up well to coat. Cook on low flame, stirring occasionally till the chicken is done. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Quickly spread the white sauce all over the pizza. Top with the chicken, olives and sprinkle the cheese all over.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Take out, rest for five minutes and enjoy!
Check out the Blogging Marathon page to see what the other Blogging Marathoners are doing this BM#105.