I must say that I can’t sit properly on my chair while typing this post – I am really excited! 😀 Maybe because I am on the space of somebody who has been super sweet and supportive of me for a long period of time… 🙂
Today, I am on Priya’s space. My interaction with Priya started when she went on with the posting-one-recipe-a-day as she started her little space called “Priya’s Kitchenette”. Everybody keeps asking me how I post so frequently, but if you check out my blog, I really can’t do long stretches like she did – posting every single day of a year! Not surprisingly, her hard work was discovered and recognized by the Limca Book of Records. After this year, she concentrated on growing her blog and now she has her own event firm, which makes me feel proud of having a friend like her who is sharp with her plans and knows what she needs to do.
As I received a message from her for the guest post, I kept rubbing my eyes to ensure what I was reading was correct. 😀 I was really excited about the opportunity, but at the same time, I was no sure if I would be able to keep my commitment, due to a lot of things happening at that time. But naturally, I was adamant to be on her space. During our chat regarding what she would like to see, she hinted that she doesn’t have a biscotti recipe and would like to have one. I was a little dumb stuck by that demand at the beginning since I have already explained how long it took me to bake them after my first failure, in the one and only biscotti recipe on the blog. 😉 But I didn’t want to disappoint her, so I took it to me to do it. The first idea which came to my mind was with chocolate chips and the second with orange, since I am a fan of both the flavors together and I know Priya loves them too!
On a weekend, I browsed through a few recipes and found that almost all just used orange zest and hardly any juice. I had to also ensure I make it eggless. So I went back to the recipe on the blog, twisted it to include all flavors I wanted and got working on it with a lot of trepidation. With a lot of prayers, I did the bake and once it finished, it was a “eureka” moment! The biscotti burst with orange flavor all throughout and the melted mini chocolate chips just gave it another dimension. I was sincerely happy with the bake, that it reflected on the clicks too. 🙂 To read more of the post and the recipe, do hop onto Priya’s space here.
The week I baked this, I was able to catch up with Sandhya, one of my favorite bloggers and the good looking biscottis got packed for her. I am so glad that she loved them! 🙂 It was a brief but lovely meeting….
Orange Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 50 gm butter softened
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Keep a silicon mat or a parchment lined tray ready.
- Rub the zest into the sugar and add into the softened butter. Beat till creamy.
- Add in the orange juice and yogurt and beat just till combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together. Tip the chocolate chips and toss.
- Add this to the wet ingredients and beat briefly till the mixture comes together.
- Using your hands, shape the dough lightly into a log and place it on the prepared mat or tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take out the tray and leave the log to cool for 15 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into neat 12 slices, around ½ to ¾ inch thick. It may be soft to handle, so cut gently without crumbling. Arrange the slices on the tray.
- Bake again for another 15 to 20 minutes till done.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container and consume within 10 days.