I have already done a falooda tale before, so I don’t think I need to repeat it again! 🙂 We love our Kulfi Faloodas once in a while, but then when we go to other outlets asking for falooda, what you normally get is a medley of jelly, fruits, sev, icecream and what not! Whatever said and done, we always devour it completely and keep that as our main meal for the day, that filling it becomes! This is just a simple version with nothing fancy… but definitely you can deck it up with all that you want. Off to the way I made it…
- 1 packet jelly powder
- 250 ml hot water
- 1/2 tbsp basil seeds tukmalinga
- 25 gm falooda sev cooked till done and drained
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- 3 tbsp sugar add more if required
- 3 scoops vanilla flavored ice-cream or any of your choice
- Rose syrup for topping
- Mix the jelly with the hot water and mix till well diluted. Pour into a square box and chill till set. Cut into cubes, set aside.
- Soak the basil seeds in 1/4 cup water till all puffed up.
- Mix the milk and sugar well, soak the cooked falooda sev in it.
- For assembling, keep three tall glasses ready. Divide the jelly cubes equally into the three glasses. Scoop in the falooda sev into the glasses, then the puffed basil seeds and then the milk. Top with icecream and drizzle rose syrup as required.
- Serve immediately!
I only sweetened the milk. If you love the flavor of saffron, then use it! Or you can even use pista or badam essence that you receive in the market to get an extra punch for your falooda.