Egg is something I go to when I don’t want anything fancy. Easily accepted by the kids and the men, eggs make my life easier. This is one egg curry that I run to when my head hardly functions and my body equally gives up. It is so easy to make, really mild and goes so well with bread that you don’t have to think of making anything to go with it. I am really thankful to Shabs for sharing this gem of a recipe, which I have cooked so many times – really lost count of it – and everybody has loved it each time… Recipe adapted by here
Bull's Eye Curry
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 green chillies slit
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan, splutter mustard seeds.
- Add the onion, curry leaves and green chillies and saute till translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes and cook till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the turmeric and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Lower the heat to minimum, pour in the coconut milk and add the tomatoes.
- As the curry starts to simmer, break in the eggs at different spots.
- Allow the eggs to get cooked. Do not stir the pan, only swirl the pan if necessary.
- Once cooked, add salt and sprinkle the garam masala and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Serve warm with rice or even bread - such a comfort meal!