Time for the second round of the Blogging Marathon #78! While I was scouring through the themes, I was a little confused on which one to select. Finally I ended up selecting the theme “Let Them Eat Brownies”! While I had gone through the heart attack of having to make three cheesecakes in two weeks last time, this time I thoroughly checked my drafts, ensured I had at least two drafts of brownies so that I had minimum baking. To my excitement, I had three to cover just enough for the marathon! That is one advantage of having too much in the drafts, I suppose! 😀
The first brownie I choose to share with you are these delicious avocado brownies. These were my first trial of brownies with avocados, even though the only one that appeared on the blog was the vegan version. I had initially made these to carry it for my friend, while going to see her. I clicked the pictures, didn’t even eat a piece and carried the whole bake to her house. Once I came back, she messaged me saying that the brownies were amazing. I checked my camera to see some pathetic pictures looking back at me. So it got pushed off to “make-them-again” list.
Finally I made them again, this time in my 4 inch pan, just enough to satisfy our cravings. They were amazing! The butter + avocados together gives it so much moistness that they literally stick all over your mouth! 😀 The recipe I am sharing here is for a normal brownie pan, adapted from here with not much change except the quantity of sugar. The recipe can be easily halved to make a 4×4 inch brownie. If you do land up with some ripe avocados and wondering what to do with them, then park them up into these delicious brownies!
- 300 gm semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 60 gm butter
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Line an 8 inch brownie pan with parchment paper hanging from all four sides.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter using a double boiler method or in the microwave. Cool slightly.
- Add in the eggs, mashed avocados and sugar and whisk well.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt till well combined.
- Add in the wet ingredients and fold till fully moist.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts. Pour into the prepared brownie pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes till the top is firm to touch. Allow to cool completely.
- Cut into 16 slices and enjoy the moist brownies!