If it is the tenth of the month, then it surely has to be the Muslim Food Blogger challenge post. Month after month, it does become a challenge to select a theme and put it forward to the ladies in this small group, but Alhamdulillah, they seem to be enjoying the themes and that is what matters. 🙂 This month as per the usual flow, we were supposed to be cooking from a Muslim blog. The chosen blog for the month was “Afelia’s Kitchen“.
Afelia happens to be a Bangladeshi UK citizen and shares some interesting recipes on her blog. I found out the blog when I was searching for the Bangladeshi cooking we did a few months ago, where I cooked the Murgir Korma. I had bookmarked to try a few recipes from her blog during that time and thought it was a lovely blog to explore for some lovely recipes. After a bit of head scratching and mindless scrolling, I ended up trying this baked chicken.
The recipe wasn’t tough to choose because we love our baked chicken. If you check the blog, there are some of them, which are oft repeats at home. Sharing a few that are already on the blog:
Lahori Chargha – you can bake or fry them!
At home, chicken and hummus along with store bought Khubz (Lebanese flat bread) is a very well enjoyed meal. I paired up this challenge along with another challenge I had tied up with for this month – the next post up in line InShaAllah – and cooked up dinner – and yes, the recipe is a different type of hummus. 🙂 The chicken was truly enjoyed. That stock that was in the pan was a joy to dig in! I literally drank it like soup and cleaned the pan with a big slice of bread, hehe… It was super delicious. I am sure to say that this will be a repeat in my house when my head goes blank.Off to the way I adapted it…
- 600 gm chicken, cut into medium pieces
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¾ tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp mustard sauce
- 1 tsp green chilli sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander for garnishing
- Wash and clean the chicken. I removed the skin.
- Whisk together ingredients from garlic powder to salt and pepper till the mixture is smooth.
- Add the chicken into it and toss well to coat. Set aside for 30 minutes to overnight if possible. I kept it for half a day.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Bake the chicken for 40 minutes, flipping it mid way.
- Turn the grill mode on and cook for another five minutes.
- Serve hot with side of your choice.