I had quite a bit of carrots in the fridge and I was plain lazy one night – what a combination! I gave a call to HD, “Hmm… I am feeling lazy to cook dinner. Would some carrot soup do?” There was a long silence on the other side of the phone, before I got an affirmative reply. So excitedly, I kept browsing on my phone and zeroed down on this delicious soup which hardly takes any time to make and is perfect for the cold and lazy nights… 🙂 Recipe adapted from here
Curried Carrot Soup
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 shallots chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 600 ml water
- 2 stock cubes
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a pressure cooker. Add the chopped shallots and saute till soft.
- Add in the curry powder and paprika powder and saute till the color becomes slightly dark.
- Now add all the other ingredients, close the lid and cook for three whistles on medium flame.
- Switch off and allow the pressure to go by itself.
- Open the lid and blend the carrot pieces using a hand blender till smooth. Adjust salt if required. Pour into bowls, garnish with coriander leaves and serve it warm!!!