So during one of the lunches that my aunt called us for – by the way, she makes awesome neychoru and beef curry… amn’t I salivating just typing this here! – I baked this cake that I had bookmarked long time back. Nobody would believe that it was eggless! What more, the perfect marriage of chocolate and coffee made this cake perfect for tea time… Recipe from here
Eggless Chocolate Coffee Cake
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 tsp coffee I used Bru, as usual! : )
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and flour a 8.5 inch bundt pan and keep aside.
- Mix the coffee and milk without lumps. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, whist the yogurt and sugar till the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the oil, coffee milk and vanilla essence and whisk till well combined.
- Add the flour mixture in two batches and mix well without lumps. The batter will be of dropping consistency.
- Pour into the bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes till the skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Flip on to a baking rack and cool completely.
- Slice and devour this really soft and yummy cake!!!