I love avocados and I love coconut milk, so this recipe was created to combine two of my interest! The result was this luscious dessert which you cannot stop at one serving. The main creaminess comes from the avocados itself and to make it mousse like, I set the dessert using gelatine. Otherwise, it would literally be like juice. Yes, if you don’t fancy using a spoon and would love to gulp it down, then you can avoid the gelatin and serve it like a smoothie! That’s what is called double use of the same recipe, right? Hehe… Off to the way I made this delicious stuff…
Avocado Coconut Milk Mousse
- 2 medium avocados pulp scooped
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml milk
- 300 gm condensed milk
- 100 ml hot water
- 1 packet gelatin 10 gm
- Crushed almonds for garnish
- Melt gelatin in the hot water. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Add the gelatin water and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour the contents into a bowl or individual ramekins.
- Cover with cling film and store in the refrigerator till set.
- Garnish with nuts and serve cold!
The gelatin only reduces the flowy texture of the mousse. If you want it more like a pudding, then use two sachets of gelatin. You can very much replace gelatin with melted agar-agar as well.