Chicken is something that is so wholeheartedly welcomed at my place. That is clearly explained by the list of chicken dishes that I already have on the blog! Each time I look for trying out new varieties and variations, and definitely those that can be easily put together. This is one of them, from a cookbook that I purchased online a couple of months ago. All the ingredients are readily available and it is a nice mild curry that goes very well with rice or rotis. Off to the recipe… Recipe adapted from “Indian Bible“
- 1 kg chicken cut into small pcs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 large onions sliced
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 3 to matoes chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup water*
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 2 chopped green chillies
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Saute the onions and curry leaves till soft.
- Add the chicken and mix well.
- Add all the ingredients from tomatoes (*no water for dry curry) to salt and mix well.
- Cook on medium-low flame on closed lid till the chicken is done.
- Finally add the pepper and green chillies. Switch off and serve warm.