Sometimes, all I need on weekend morning is a tall glass of smoothie to fill my tummy. First of all, it is full of goodness – of the fruits, of the milk and maybe of the nuts that you add. One such smoothie I love to enjoy from time to time is this one. I hate to eat walnuts but love them in my bakes and shakes as they lend a very different taste to it. Another good thing I do with my shakes is that I prefer to sweeten them with honey, rather than sugar, just to make it extra healthy… Not that I am conscious, not at all (does my blog show you that way! 😉 ) but sometimes it feels nice to feel conscious towards being healthy… 🙂
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 pear, peeled and chopped
- 6 walnuts, soaked in 100 ml water for 10 minutes
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- Put all ingredients into the blender, including the water in which the walnuts are soaked.
- Blend till smooth. Serve in glasses and relish!