Another one today for the lazy dinner… how nice it feels to get out of the kitchen in less than one hour when you have had a dreadful day braving the traffic, slogging at work and all your muscles ache that you don’t want to cook at all! Unfortunately, somehow during weekdays, my heart does not allow me to order in takeaways when I feel I can cook with whatever is there in the pantry! However, during weekends, it is a different case, I would prefer not to cook! Hehe… This quick roast is delicious with some rotis or bread even, so easy to whip up and quick to finish as well…
Sausage Potato Roast
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 medium onions minced
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 to mato chopped
- 1 x 70 gm sachet tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 packet chicken franks sliced
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Pressure cook the potatoes for one whistle. Drain, peel off and slice into thin pieces. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and splutter the mustard seeds. Add the onions and chillies and saute till soft.
- Add the tomatoes and the tomato paste and cook till the tomatoes get mashed.
- Add the turmeric, paprika and stock cubes and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the sliced sausages and mix well to coat. Cook for around 5 minutes on low flame, add water if required.
- Now add the sliced potatoes and mix well again to ensure that the masala is completed coated.
- Adjust salt at this stage - this is because of the stock cubes!
- Garnish with coriander leaves and devour with some hot chapathis or just some bread, to make it even more lazier!!!