I used to never make them at home since I thought it was too difficult. HD would keep telling me that it is a breeze to make and hardly costs anything when compared to what we pay in the stalls for a pack of popcorn, but he would never tell me how it is done. One day, when we were together, umma bought a pack of dried corn kernels and showed how to make it. I guess that’s the best thing I have learned. When the kids want something and you are not in a mood to make anything elaborate, then nothing as easy to make and accepted wholeheartedly as popcorn. Off to how it is made…
- 1/3 cup corn kernels
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- A pinch salt
- Heat oil in a large pan. I used my large pressure cooker.
- Keep on low flame and add around 3 to 4 kernels and salt and allow it to splutter.
- Now add the remaining kernels.
- Move the pan away from the heat and keep aside for 30 seconds - easiest way is to count till 30!
- Keep back on the flame and cover the pan lightly.
- You will start hearing the crackles. Wait for it to cease.
- Open the lid and give it a gentle mix.
- Your popcorn is ready!
- So easy, isn't it? As easy as it is going to finish as well... hehe...