(Surah Ar-Rum: 21)
Today is our 11th wedding anniversary. While typing this, I was tempted to read through the posts I did during the last two years – 2013 and 2014. The mood of both the posts is different, and as of now, it is the calm after the storm literally. 🙂 Alhamdulillah, the above verse really makes me praise Him infinitely. He mentions about mercy – it is not romance, it is not passion, it is not even love but mercy. Why? It totally set me thinking… The last two years have taught me much more than the previous 8 years that I have been with HD. When situations arise in your life where darkness stares into your face and the future looks bleak, what holds a couple together is surely mercy. Everything flashes in front – the good moments, the laughter and the smiles, the kids, the years spent together… sometimes nothing is worth more than everything to put together. Love is such a feeling with sizzles and fizzles, but once we realize that, we try to make things work out and stay in it for a feel-good factor. Whatever said and done, being two people as different as chalk and cheese, InShaAllah, from my heart, I look forward to our life together like a work-in-progress. After all, life is all about learning new facets and handling it all, in the mean time being in awe with how little we are in our knowledge and understanding compared to what He knows… 🙂
Last two times, I shared savory so this time I move away and share what I love the most – yes, not a secret, right? 🙂 When you crave to store some bites to relish after dinner or just like that, then fudge is something that I would really recommend. I have already shared with you all these dark chocolate fudge, which didn’t go well with the kids, but these white chocolate ones were not spared by them! I had to hide them so that they wouldn’t keep opening the fridge doors continuously and I got so fed up that I sent it along with HD so that he could give it to his employees! Little bites of delicious goodness is what I would call them… 🙂
Ah… you would want to know what I am planning for today? Do stay tuned… hope to bring it on here as soon as possible, if it works out, that is!. Last year, I had baked the Tres Leches Cake, and the year before, it was the Eggless Tiramisu Cake, one of the most popular recipes on the blog! 🙂
White Chocolate Pistachio Fudge
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- 250 gm white chocolate drops
- 10 gm butter
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- Prepare a pan with cling film for pouring and setting the fudge.
- Combine the condensed milk, chocolate and butter. Cook on low flame till the whole mixture melts and mixes well.
- Roast the pistachios for a few minutes. Pound it to tiny pieces.
- Add into the melted mixture and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared pan and tap to settle the top.
- Allow to reach room temperature and then put into the fridge to set completely.
- Take out, remove off the cling film and cut into squares.
- Store them in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.