A super easy chicken roast, with typical Mexican spices, apt for that lazy weekend dinner…
After having said about the new trends, I jumped into the You Tube bandwagon yesterday. It was a video I made for Instagram, but then I thought, let me have a copy of it on You Tube as well. Do check out and subscribe if you feel you are going to benefit from it, just like a lot of the recipes already on the blog. 🙂 I am feeling overwhelmed by the whole process and it is guaranteed I am going to be slow with it, especially with Ramadan just round the corner, InShaAllah…
Now, I leave for you a super easy recipe for those lazy dinner nights. I am one lazy cook and I love a whole chicken roast. All you need to do is to peel off its skin – you can keep it if you like! -, wash and pat it down well, toss it into its marinade, keep it for sometime – that is totally optional! – and then push it into the oven to do its job. One of our favorites is this pepper loaded roast, followed closely by the Lahori Chargha and the Tandoori chicken. This has become another favorite of ours. Off late, I have been loving Mexican flavors and am trying to find new recipes to test them. I have used store bought taco seasoning, but if you don’t, then you can use the mix of spices used in this tray bake recipe for similar results. I baked the chicken along with frozen French fries, which got perfectly done along with the chicken, however feel free to throw in vegetables of your choice like capsicum, broccoli and carrots to get done while the chicken cooks in the oven, as you crawl up on the couch watching the next episode of your favorite series on Netflix. 😉 Off to the recipe…
Mexican Chicken Roast | Whole Chicken Bake
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning heaped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg whole chicken deskinned, cleaned and patted dry
- In a large bowl, mix the ingredients from taco seasoning to olive oil. Add the chicken and rub all over including the cavities. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Transfer the chicken with all marinade into a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes on one side.
- Take out the tray, flip the chicken and bake for another 20 minutes or when juices run.
- Turn the setting to "grill" and grill for a couple of minutes or just till a charred appearance comes. Do not overdo - may dry up the chicken.
- Enjoy with a salad and bread of your choice.