I don’t know if I really love Biscoff. If you ask me, I would say a “no”. But I don’t hate it, I just like it. 😀 Even though I love sweets, I find Biscoff and its Lotus biscuits overwhelmingly sweet. I can’t go beyond one little spoon of Biscoff or two little biscuits at the same time. But I can vouch for one thing – that both these ingredients make amazing desserts! If you love Biscoff, then here are a few recipes on the blog that you could try:
I am now going to add one more to the list… 😉 These vegan banana muffins are spiked with Biscoff with an added crunch and goodness of chia seeds. Just like all the banana bakes I have made and cherished, I ended up eating all that I had baked over two days from breakfast! 😉 These muffins are so moist and fluffy, that you would hardly miss the eggs or diary in it. I have used minimal amount of sugar, as bananas and the Biscoff are themselves quite sweet, but feel free to add more if you would want it a bit more sweeter. You can replace the chia with flax or just skip it, but I would love to keep it for the little crunch that they give in every bite! Plus they are healthy too… 🙂 Off to the recipe…
Vegan Banana Chia Biscoff Muffins
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup Biscoff spread
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Keep a 6-hole muffin pan ready.
- Mash the bananas. Add the Biscoff and vanilla extract and whisk well till well combined.
- Add all the ingredients except chia seeds and fold till all are moist.
- Fold in the chia seeds. The batter will be thick.
- Divide among the liners and bake for 15 to 20 minutes till a skewer comes out clean.