Today, I have a dessert that makes me smile each time I make it. I love tiramisu but have made it only once in its complete form. The calories make me scared to make it never made them into a full fledged dessert except for when I made this cake. I must seriously make it when I have a get together. Tiramisu, an Italian dessert, literally means “pick me up” and anybody who knows the taste, would surely pick it up, given a chance! Sharing with you a cheat version, which is served in glasses, so that the portion is controlled, and uses cream cheese instead of the original but expensive mascarpone cheese for the cheesy taste. Off to the recipe…
Quick-Fix Tiramisu Shots
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 12 ladyfinger biscuits
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 125 gm packet thick cream
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Cocoa powder to top
- Boil the water, mix in the coffee and sugar. Switch off and allow to come to room temperature.
- Keep four small glasses ready.
- Combine the cheese, cream, condensed milk and vanilla in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Dip each of the biscuits into the coffee and place it on three corners of one glass.
- Repeat into each glass. Equally divide the cheese mixture into the four glasses.
- Top with cocoa powder. Refrigerate for an hour for the flavors to set.
- Pull out, dig in and enjoy!