Mangoes are definitely going out. The prices are getting higher and the fruit is getting a bit tart than sweet. I guess I have mentioned it before, that in UAE, you get all fruits all around the year, from various parts of the world, except for the fact that the prices will vary drastically. The imported mangoes are just way too expensive, that you will see yourself treating one large mango like a piece of gold! Hehe… Let me share this super easy yet delectable dessert… a perfect light dessert after a plate full of biriyani! The dessert comes together really fast, but I wish the waiting time was a little less… hehe…
Wishing all my readers TakabalAllah Minna Wa Minkum… may Allah accept all our good deeds and give us a blessed Eid and InShaAllah, much more better matters moving forward… 🙂
- 6 digestive biscuits, powdered
- 50 gm butter, melted
- 200 ml whipping cream
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 300 ml Philadelphia cream cheese (I used light)
- 1 large mango, made into pulp (weighed approx 300 gm)
- Mix the powdered biscuits and butter to make a crumbly texture. Equally divide into 6 small glasses.
- Press the base with a spoon to flatten. Set aside.
- Whip the cream and icing sugar till stiff. Add in the cheese and whip till combined.
- Finally add the mango pulp and combine. Divide equally between the glasses.
- Chill for a couple of hours till set.
- Dig in a spoon and enjoy! I topped them with a pecan each just for decoration sake! 🙂