My kids love pizza. I discovered it very late… hehe… My initial days of making pizza did not receive so much enthusiasm so I was kind of slow on it. But once we started having Papa Johns, all the kids need is pizza. That too not any pizza, something that has a proper pizza like crust and looks and tastes like pizza. But who has the time to wait till the yeast does its job and the oven gets done. I mean on an average to make a pizza, you need at least an hour and a half and I don’t have that kind of time, period! 😀 That is when I chanced upon on this video and decided to make it as soon as possible. But I prefer making the dough separate and put it on the pan, so that is what exactly I went ahead with. Frankly, I didn’t like the dough with what the link came up with. It was too sticky and was nothing like a dough. I played around it and waited with abated breath to see how the pizza turns out and TADAA! Seriously, I would not want to wait to so long to have pizza from now on… 🙂
The dough came in together in just five minutes. The pesto sauce hardly took a couple of minutes, assembling another couple of minutes and then on the stove for 10 to 12 minutes. And then you have your pizza ready! The crust was as good as a normal yeasted base and nobody would make out that it was instant! I was a bit worried about having an uncooked center but no, it was perfectly cooked. Do follow the instructions carefully and you will not go wrong, InShaAllah… 🙂
The kids loved it to the core. I was not sure how they would take the pesto filling but they loved the “green thing”. 😀 Top it up with anything you like and rest of the process is the same. Being a blogger, the excitement comes from finding something that can really help you enjoy your food and I am super happy that I have come across this delicious way of making pizza, the “pizza way”! Before moving onto the recipe, some pizza recipes that are already on the blog:
- A drizzle of olive oil for the pan
- Mozarella cheese as required
- FOR PESTO:
- ¾ cup packed basil leaves
- 8 walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- FOR PIZZA DOUGH:
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour + more as required
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ⅔ cup warm water
- For the pesto, grind all the ingredients till smooth. Set aside.
- Combine the ingredients from flour to water and combine to make a dough. Add more flour as required and knead into a smooth dough.
- Heat an 8 inch saucepan till hot. Drizzle up some olive oil.
- Spread the dough on the hot pan till round. Spread the pesto over it and sprinkle the mozarella cheese.
- Keep on medium high flame, covered for two minutes.
- Reduce to the lowest flame, and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes till done.
- Switch off and slowly slide the pizza onto a plate. Cut into slice and serve!