After the Secret Recipe Club came to an end, Sarah started an event called “Fantastical Food Fighting“. Every month she gives a theme and a date to publish the post. The best part about this event is that you can join in if you want and there is no pressure to be doing posts. Most of the challenges require you to do continuous posts to remain a part of the group, which is not the case with this event. Hence I took a plunge and submitted my name. However, till date I haven’t been able to participate despite some interesting themes. But this month, I got the opportunity to be a part of it and here I am!
The theme for this month is PB&J, which is the short form for “peanut butter and jelly”. The recipe needed to have peanuts and a fruit in it. All I could think was my favorite sweet sandwich, that always becomes my breakfast when I am out of ideas and energy. Slices of brown bread with a thick slather of peanut butter, topped with chopped bananas, and couple it up with a sulaimani and you are good to roll! Nothing much of a recipe here, but sometimes we do need an easy one to get through the day, right? 🙂 Off to the recipe…
Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich
- 3 slices of brown bread or bread of your choice
- Peanut butter as required
- 2 ripe bananas thinly sliced
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- Keep one bread side up. Slather peanut butter as required.
- Line up with sliced bananas, sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
- Slather some more peanut butter on one side of the toast and push down the banana layer.
- Put some peanut butter on the top again, spread out the bananas and sprinkle some cinnamon powder.
- Slather peanut butter on the final toast and press down on the banana layer.
- Enjoy with a cup of black tea!