I am surprised that I am doing a post from home! Normally I refrain from sitting on my laptop, first of all, I suppose most of us have this issue of having snag ladded laptops or personal computers at home, that were meant to only irritate in first place! Hehe… On top of that, Azza loves to come and hit random keys off the keypad that sometimes I see very unusual characters spring up on my post! Since the kids are sleeping, I thought this is the best time to plug in a post quickly before they wake up – provided my little lappy cooperates! Hopefully, it should… 🙂 Today is a part of a long weekend, but we are in the colds. We had a day full of rain yesterday, which ensured that we all were inside home, full on with sweaters, socks and what not! It was really cold and the only thing we wanted to do was cuddle up the sofa and sit lazily. Today is much better, but since tomorrow is a working day, we may opt to stay back at home…
The brownie wouldn’t rise much, it would be pretty much flat and the texture is really fudgy. I just loved the way the brownie turned out. Perfect for the binge eating and healthy – considering it’s whole wheat flour and brown sugar! 😉 On a lighter side, don’t you feel the same? 🙂
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 110 gm butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Grease an 8 inch brownie pan.
- Mix the flour, soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, melt butter on low heat. Once melted, add in the brown sugar and stir till dissolved.
- Switch off the flame and add in the cocoa powder. Stir to a smooth mixture without lumps.
- Add the flour slowly and whisk well.
- Now add in the eggs and beat till incorporated. Either you can use your egg beater or just whisk vigorously, as I did. The batter will be thick and glossy.
- Transfer the batter to the brownie pan and bake for 25 minutes or till the skewer comes out clean. Cool in the pan, cut and gorge!!!