That is when I remembered about a cut-out of a pizza recipe, I had stored in my scrap book long ago. I pulled it out and referred to it, to make up this pizza. You can call it instant – there is no waiting time at all, as there is no use of yeast! From the start to finish, it took me hardly 45 minutes, including cutting the vegetables! If you crave for pizza but have no patience to wait for a raised dough, then this one is for you. The recipe called itself “Perfect Homemade Pizza”, which I don’t know I should vouch for or not! I love the yeasted base for sure, but then this base was buttery and soft that no one would believe you if you told them it took hardly any time. The kids loved it as well as the men, but it was not enough. Rasha very neatly stacked all the capsicum to the side of her plate and finished off the rest. I guess I can make her eat capsicum only when it is turned into a chutney! Grrr… hehe… till then off to the way the pizza was made…
Before moving on to end this post, I am a part of a little group called “Saturday Snapshots“, which is an event created by Siri and Shweta. I am so grateful that they have started it! Hopefully, I would be able to concentrate on bettering my pictures soon! I really don’t know if I can be regular, but definitely would love to try to be. Their assignment #3 last Saturday (13/09/2014) was cut vegetables. Though I was late, I thought why not give it a start! So this is what I clicked while preparing this pizza. It was a night picture, clicked from my mobile camera since I had no patience to pull out my DSLR! Hehe…
Though the entry is closed, still I wanted to post it here as my first attempt, hopefully towards some better pictures, InShaAllah… 🙂 Do check out the links above in case you are interested to join in!
Mushroom Capsicum Pizza with No-Yeast Base
- FOR THE DOUGH:
- 225 gm all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 35 gm butter melted
- 50 ml milk
- 50 ml water approx
- FOR TOPPING:
- 118 gm mushrooms cut into half (I used tinned)
- 1 small capsicum diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 tbsp sliced black olives
- 2 tbsp sweet corn kernels
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Oregano for sprinkling
- Mozarella cheese as required
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cover parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk till well combined. Alternatively, you could seive it. Add in the melted butter and milk and mix.
- Slowly pour the water and knead into a soft, non-sticky dough. Use more water if required.
- With your hand, spread the dough on the baking tray into a decent round shape. 🙂 Or you could use a floured surface and spread it using a rolling pin.
- Spread the tomato paste, sprinkle the oregano. Spread the mushrooms, capsicum, black olives, onion and sweet corn across the pizza. Finally top with mozarella cheese, as much as you like!
- Bake for 20 minutes or till the cheese is melted. Cool slightly in pan. Slice in to wedges and serve warm!