A prayer I have everyday, in and out… I guess I don’t elaborate myself over it… that much this prayer means for me… Alhamdulillah! 🙂
My chocolate love continues… just the other day, I was thinking to myself that I have not baked much of chocolate after this muffin, which was baked for breakfast almost a month ago. The problem with me these days is that though I love to bake, I try keeping away from eggs and butter, trying to make myself feel that I am cutting down on the calories and in fact, later craving for a rich and decadent feast altogether. That reminds me that I am getting so close to the BST’s 500th post!!! Woah… I am grounded! Does it call for a celebration? My kitchen is in such a desperate stage that I don’t think I may be able to make something special but my heart says I must celebrate this mad blogging journey of mine… Let’s see what I am able to manage… 🙂
Till then, let us enjoy this healthy muffins which are perfect for some sweet dark coffee in the morning. I enjoyed them again for snack as well! Hehe… As usual, I used a mix of wholewheat and all-purpose flour and enjoyed the moisty density that the wholewheat gives!!! 🙂 Recipe adapted from here
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (I used mini ones)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Line your 12 hole muffin pan.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients - flours to sugar - in a bowl.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients - egg to milk - in another bowl till well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk till the batter is done. The batter would be thick.
- Spoon into each muffin liner till ¾ is filled. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then cool on the rack completely.
2. You can sprinkle some choco-chips on top to make it more rich!
3. 1 baked 6 normal muffins and 5 large muffins from the above quantity.