I have to say that my quest for easy recipes never end, especially if it means that you hardly use anything in your pantry. 😀 I think after the Shinwari Karahi, this may be the dish that I cooked and loved that has very minimal ingredients.
I have previously cooked from “The Suriani Kitchen” and have loved the three recipes already tried and posted. The book surely deserves a review, but why amn’t I doing it? The book I have is in Malayalam, since I couldn’t catch hold of the English version and I was just too impatient. 🙁 I am planning to order the new reprint of this book, but just giving myself time for it, since I have no space and my mission #1 is to create some space for future cookbooks. 😉 So InShaAllah, once I get my hands on the English version, I will surely do a book review, InShaAllah…
OK, so coming back to the recipe, the ingredients used in this pepper chicken roast is so limited that the taste of the main ingredient, aka pepper, pops up. I have used freshly powdered black pepper, but if you love bites, like HD does, then just be very generous while grinding in your pepper. The caramelized onions lend a beautiful flavor to the whole roast, that you would end up licking the whole bowl at the end of the meal! Off to the recipe…
Kurumulaku Kozhi Roast | Pepper Chicken Roast
- 900 gm chicken skin removed and cut into small peices
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 large onions thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 green chillies slit
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil. Fry the onions till nicely wilted.
- Add in the garlic and saute for five minutes.
- Add in the green chillies, cinnamon, black pepper powder, salt and chicken and toss well.
- Cook on closed lid on low flame, stirring occasionaly, till the chicken is cooked.