I am not a fan of the normal Nescafe but like Nescafe Gold and a bigger fan of our Indian brand, Bru. So there are always two small bottles of coffee in my pantry at any given point of time. I have already posted previously my normal way of making coffee, but ever since I have been seeing online on how you could make a nice frothy cup of coffee, I have been making it this way since then. All your usual ingredients, with some hand exercise! To make it easier, you can buy something called milk frother from Ikea, such a handy little machine that is! Whenever HD asks for a coffee, which is quite rare since he is more of a tea person, he always loves it with the froth on the top. Off to the way I make it…
A frothy cup of coffee...
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp coffee I used Nescafe Gold
- 1 tsp sugar as per taste
- Heat the milk and continue till it comes to a rolling boil.
- Meanwhile, in your mug, add the coffee and sugar.
- Drop in a couple of drops of hot water, just enough to moisten the coffee.
- With the back of a spoon, start whipping in with full strength. You will start seeing the concoction turn from a dark brown mixture to a creamy mixture and it will double in volume.
- Keep whipping till your hands ache, or if you are using the Ikea milk frother, then nothing like it! The more you whip, the frothier coffee you get!
- Once the milk boils and froths, switch off the flame and pour into the frothy coffee mixture from a height. Give it a mild stir and enjoy!
Do not add more water than two to three drops. I heat little water in the microwave and then drip it into the coffee and sugar, just enough to wet it.
I have seen some recipe adding cream. If you wish, you can top your coffee with whipped cream and to make it extra decadent, some chocolate sauce as well! Since I have enough to my waist line, I would avoid them! 😉