Having talked so much about the weather a couple of posts now, I guess yesterday was the height of things. As I got out of office, wondering why it was looking so cloudy… suddenly was faced with a situation of driving in a terrible sandstorm that had reduced visibility to minimal levels. It was so difficult to see the sides or even the front cars and we had to drive extremely slow. Since I took the city route, it was bearable, but my colleagues, who normally take the highway had quite a tough time seeing the roads and the lanes. This situation lasted for almost an hour till it settled towards sunset. Quite scary it was… however these experiences are not new here, keeps happening… 🙂 And don’t worry, I was pretty calm yesterday unlike the storm but yes, when my energies dry out by sleep time, I’m a little monster! Ask my kids… hehe… I guess because of all that dust yesterday, my throat is giving a little tough time today… hmm….
Gobi/ Cauliflower Manchurian
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into florets and cleaned
- For batter:
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- Water for batter
- For sauce:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 large onions sliced thinly
- 1 capsicum chopped
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp chopped spring onions
- Prepare a thick batter from the ingredients mentioned under "for batter". Mix in the cauliflower and mix well to coat. Deep fry till golden brown. Drain on kitchen towel.
- Heat a saucepan. Add the oil, once it becomes hot add the ginger and garlic paste and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the onions and cook till it becomes slightly brown.
- Add in the capsicum and cook for around 5 minutes.
- Add in all the sauces and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Mix the cornflour into the water and pour in.
- Add the pepper and salt and cook till the mixture thickens.
- Add in the fried cauliflower, mix well and keep on low flame for 5 minutes. Serve with the spring onion garnished on top!