This recipe comes so late, provided that umma had made this during the initial days of Ramadan! Yes, I am pretty slow in posting recipes and I admit it! 🙂 You can really make it out from the messy pictures that I had clicked as it was getting closer to Iftar time and umma was losing out on her patience levels! The snack is nothing but a pakoda with a surprise of an egg piece inside, but it just tastes too good with a cup of hot chai to go along with it!
- 4 eggs, boiled till hard and cut into quarters
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 5-6 curry leaves, chopped
- A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
- 1 cup besan (gram) flour
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Water, sufficient
- Oil to deep fry
- Mix in a bowl from onions to salt and slowly add water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a kadai till hot.
- Slowly coat a quarter egg with the pakoda mixture till fully done and slide into the oil.
- Fry till golden brown. Drain on a kitchen towel.
- Repeat till completely done. Serve warm with ketchup or chilli sauce!
2. In case the batter gets watery, add more besan or all purpose flour to tighten it up.
3. The remaining batter can be made into plain pakodas too!!! 😉