Continuing off from yesterday’s Badusha post, the international dessert chosen for this month’s Sweet Fantasy Club happened to be Apple Crumble. What a relief it was when I heard it! Not because I was excited to make it, but because it was already made by me last month and was in the list of drafts waiting for its chance to get published! So at least, I didn’t have to make both the desserts this month! Hehe… Apple Crumble is an dessert which has a cinnamon flavored apple base, topped with crunchy crumble layer. I got this recipe from a mini booklet that came along with the newspaper and was really satisfied with the outcome of the recipe! I have only made half the recipe, as posted here and definitely you can easily double the recipe for larger portions!
PST: The Baked Apple Almond Pudding was made much later than this crumble and B stated that the tastes were very similar. In fact, it is! The only variation are the flours used in both the desserts… 🙂
- 3 medium apples peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp raisins
- FOR CRUMBLE TOPPING:
- 60 gm butter softened
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp mixed nuts crushed (I used walnuts and pecans)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients for the base well and layer the bottom of a small glass pan.
- For the crumble toppking, add the flour to sugar to the butter and mix with fingers till it resembles breadcrumbs. Top it evenly on the apple mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes till the apples get cooked. Serve warm with custard or ice-cream. It is really good as it is!