After the almond milk and labneh, today is something we so frequently use – peanut butter. Peanut butter is considered to be good. While on my weight loss mission – that feels like ages ago now! 😕 – one pre-gym snack that my instructor used to advise, apart from a banana, used to be 2 tbsp peanut butter spread across a slice of brown bread. It is considered as good protein. I am really not a fan of peanut butter but I like to have a pack anytime in my pantry, in case when the craving strikes. But ever since I have learned that home made peanut butter tastes good enough and is preservative free, I prefer making a small batch that gets done within a few days and then make a fresh batch whenever I feel like.
Normally I love it slathered in bread, but even spreading it on a hot chapathi off the tawa is amazing. Have you tried that way? 🙂 Banana and peanut butter is another delicious match. So the recipe I share with you is this simple smoothie that can put to rest any cravings that you have. One thing I love about this smoothie is how filling it can be when you need a light meal.
DIY: Peanut Butter | Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- FOR PEANUT BUTTER:
- 1 cup peanuts without skin
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- FOR BANANA PB SMOOTHIE:
- 1 ripe banana chopped
- 3 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp flax meal
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 tbsp water
- On a hot pan, saute the peanuts for five minutes till roasted. Take care not to burn the peanuts.
- Cool completely. Add the peanuts into a grinder and start grinding.
- Initially it will powder and then slowly it will start to clump up and become buttery.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue grinding till nice and smooth.
- Empty into a small clean jar and store in the fridge. Use up within 5 days.
- For the smoothie, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth. Serve immediately!