All ice-creams that I have already put on the blog are all without an ice-cream maker. I have bought one recently but it is still in its pack and I have no idea when I am going to open it up and start using it! This was one ice-cream that I totally loved – hardly any work and really soft serve that it looked like store bought ice-cream. I had a tough time convincing HD that it was indeed me who had made it. See, there is no point in saying that I am a food blogger, there are times when our family members would still give us such little attacks, especially when food turn out to be much better than expected! 🙂
Dates Ice Cream
- 150 ml water
- 18 dates pitted
- 1 sachet non-diary whipping powder
- 250 ml whipping cream + 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml condensed milk
- Cook the dates in water for 15 minutes. Cool completely. Grind into a paste.
- Prepare the non-diary pack as per instructions OR whip the diary cream with sugar and vanilla extract till stiff.
- Add in the condensed milk and dates paste. Fold gently till well mixed.
- Pour into a tub and freeze overnight till set. Scoop out and enjoy!