While I chose the theme “Sweets without Refined Ingredients” for the Blogging Marathon #94, I had no doubts in my mind regarding this particular one I am making today. Dates bliss balls have been doing rounds for all obvious and good reasons!
All ingredients that go into making it are very healthy – whether it’s the dates, the nuts, coconut oil or cocoa powder. It is one of the safest bet to get your sugar fix when you really crave for it. All you need is one ball – take it in your hand, choose a comfortable corner, and slowly chew to enjoy it. It makes you feel really good after eating and your sugar cravings get fixed without a hint of sugar! How cool is that! 🙂
Dates is something I always have at home, but making these balls took too much time. I made them, shot them and let them languish in the fridge for a couple of days before I started giving it to the folks. Azza fell flat for it. “Ummi, aren’t dates good for health? I am eating two!” That is how she would flick them from the box inside the fridge. She even took them to school a couple of days. She wants me to make them again, but the blogger mind in me wants to make them in a different avatar. Let’s see… 😉
So these easy, no-cook, hardly-takes-time-to-make date balls is what comes to you after these yummy Honey Yogurt Cheesecakes. Do stay tuned for the last post tomorrow, which will feature a baked goodie!
Dates Bliss Balls
- 15 medjool dates deseeded
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts walnuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut + more for rolling
- Soak the dates and nuts separately for 15 minutes. Drain and wash well.
- Add all ingredients into a grinder and grind till the mixture forms a dough.
- Empty into a plate. Keep some dessicated coconut for rolling.
- Roll into rounds and then coat with the coconut. Enjoy! Makes 12.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page to see what the other Blogging Marathoners are doing this BM#94.