Another highlight I wanted to share was an email from Shabna, who blogs at Shabbu’s Tasty Kitchen. I have to say that one thing that keeps me going is the warmth that I receive from a lot of fantastic human beings who are in the blogosphere! I really appreciate the lovely email received, it did make my day for sure! 🙂 Also, special hugs going out to Lubna and Umm Mymoona for their mentions and lovely comments… Allah Kareem, that’s all I like to say… I always feel blogosphere has introduced me to so many lovely souls which only reaffirms my belief of goodness again and again… 🙂
Moving on to the recipe for the day, perfect for a lazy dinner. It hardly needs 20 minutes to put together and what else do you need when you are not in a mood to cook anything, but don’t want to order a takeaway? Just like I do most of the Thursdays when I decide to just stay back at home rather than go out with the kids… 🙂
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp red chilly powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 4 chicken sausages, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- In a saucepan, heat oil. Splutter the cumin.
- Add the onions and saute till soft.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the masala powder and cook for a further three minutes till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the sliced sausages, give it a nice mix and keep on low flame for around five minutes. If the mix is too dry, sprinkle some water.
- Finally adjust the salt and sprinkle some pepper for more spiciness. Serve garnished with coriander leaves. It tastes really good with bread...