After those delicious avocado brownies, let’s come to another sinful one as a part of the “Let them Eat Brownies” theme for the Blogging Marathon #78. Is there anything less sinful than brownies? I mean, you make them in any way and they will eventually end up being really addictive, that you feel sad to be sharing them. 😉 Most of the brownies that I have shared on the blog have all been baked and shared, not because I am generous, but because I didn’t want more fat to accumulate all over myself as much as I have already now! Somehow, I always emphasis that blogging has made me gain a lot of weight off late, but still my mind doesn’t allow me to really blame blogging 100%. There are a lot more factors that made me bake like mad some times. My colleagues actually enjoyed a lot during that time since I would bring lot of baked goodies every other day, but ever since I have achieved a little bit control over my moods, they are the ones deprived. Poor souls! 😉
These cream cheese brownies… what do I tell about them? Absolute sin? An amalgamation of brownie and cheesecake – this is what it is! Since I love both, there was no surprise that I loved it. I adapted the recipe from the ever reliable Joy of Baking and the technique are very similar to the DDL brownies as far as preparation method is concerned. These brownies are a beauty to see with the cheesecake swirls, and even more amazing to eat! I had already done a combination of cheesecake and brownie in this amazing cheesecake I baked for my sister sometime back, so I was expecting the same from these brownies and I wasn’t at all disappointed! These brownies will appeal to adults and children alike and will be wiped away as soon as they are out. As with all brownies, these have to come fully to room temperature but I felt they tasted even more better the next day after refrigerated overnight.
So coming back to the same point, if you want something that will really give up your craving, these brownies are for you. Warning: Super addictive, try to hide the remaining brownies or even better, give away! 😉
- FOR BROWNIE LAYER:
- 100 gm butter
- 4 oz dark chocolate chips/ buttons
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- FOR CHEESE LAYER:
- 225 gm cream cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a brownie pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate over low flame. Remove off heat.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract and whisk in well till sugar is well combined.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and beat with each addition. Add in the dry ingredients and fold till all moist.
- In another bowl, whisk all ingredients for the cheese layer till homogeneous.
- Pour ¾ of the batter into the pan and spread. Spread the cheese layer on the top. Drop the remaining brownie batter and using a fork, make swirls.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before slicing in serving.