The best thing about this weather is the feeling of having garma-garam (just means hot!) chai with some deep fried hot snacks!!! Unfortunately, I don’t get the time to take advantage of it, as by the time I am home, it’s already dark and then you feel that the time for tea is already gone by. One of the easiest fritters I’ve ever made is this what I am going to share with you today. So easy to put together, and done in 15 minutes and taste awesome over a cup of chai and some gossip!!! 🙂
Corn Carrot Fritters
- 3 medium carrots peeled and grated
- 1 x 370 gm sweet corn drained
- 1 egg
- 1 cup besan flour approx
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Mix all the ingredients from carrot to salt and pepper and mix into a very thick batter.
- Since carrot and corn are naturally watery, you may not need water at all to do the batter. The egg would be more than enough.
- Heat oil in a deep vessel for deep frying.
- Once really hot, drop spoonful of batter into the oil and fry till golden yellow.
- Devour over a hot cup of chai with some ketchup or hot sauce!