I guess the recipe I will post today will be perfect fodder to my lazy condition. I love to make these, especially when I know I don’t want to make dinner. Most of the time, I do the mixing and dipping and store in the fridge in an air-tight container to fry. Even making it then and there is also quite easy. Goes well with bread and chappathi, but then who wants any accompaniments for cutlets!!! Dip into ketchup and keep eating… hehe… 🙂
Aloo Tikki ~ Potato Cutlets
- 3 meduim potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp chopped curry leaves
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp chopped chilli
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs more if required
- Oil to fry
- Put all the ingredients from potatoes to salt and mix well. Check seasoning and adjust.
- Roll small portions into round shape, nicely dip in egg and sparingly quote with bread crumbs.
- Set aside. Complete the whole mixture till done.
- Heat oil in a fry pan. When the oil become very hot, fry the tikkis till the outside becomes golden brown. Drain on kitchen towel.
- Serve warm with ketchup or chilli sauce. Yum!!!